The Thompson Building, a former cigar factory constructed in 1926, houses the University of Tampa’s Facilities Management department. The first floor of the building serves as storage for the maintenance department’s central receiving and inventory. The second floor of the Thompson Building is currently undergoing a renovation including new office space for the Vice President’s suite, the Design and Construction department as well as space for catering services.
Completed in spring 2013 a 2-story high bay warehouse was added, increasing the storage area for goods and equipment as well as providing offices for staff and covered cart parking.
A new covered central receiving loading dock was part of the complete makeover of the maintenance facility.Share this page!