The University of Tampa – MacKechnie Building – English Language Studies (ELS)


In 2009 Shumake Architecture welcomed the opportunity to introduce the firm’s full service skills to The University of Tampa on the complete renovation of an existing one-story 1930’s brick structure into the new home of the ELS Center.

Although the project was only 7,840 SF, it contained a significant degree of complexity due to the age of the structure, phasing and aggressive schedule.
The renovation included new classrooms and associated offices as well as a building extension to accommodate the new lobby.
The ELS Center was completed in fall 2010 and the success of the project was fundamental in building a long-term client relationship with The University of Tampa.

Share this page! Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail